Friday, November 16, 2012

Color Club Halo Hues





I admit, november may not be the best month to show you holographic polishes. At least not in central Europe, where november weather typically means fog, rain, storms and sunset at 5 pm. But it was Color Club's idea, not mine, to release their holographic collection in fall. So please excuse my lack of sunshine pictures, I did my best to catch the holographic effect in artificial light.

I have five of the six polishes to show you. I skipped Halo-graphic, because it's pink, and I hardly ever wear pink. I used three coats each, due to some bald patches after two coats. But I'd say that's because I used a regular basecoat (Essence Nail Art Base Coat). If you use Aqua Base or some other sticky basecoat, I'm sure two coats would be sufficient. I used no topcoat on these.













Harp on it is the silver one of the collection.

































Cherubic is a slightly lavender toned nude. Work appropriate holo? Me likey!
































Angel Kiss is a slightly teal toned green.
































Cloud Nine is a pinkish lilac.


































Blue Heaven is a sky blue.




































All colors are pretty light. The holographic effect is strongly visible, even in artificial light. As I didn't get any of the China Glaze OMG polishes (my obsession started a couple of months too late), I'm perfectly happy with this collection.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And considering these are artificial light pictures, imagine how great they must look in sunlight. We had no sunshine in days, I think I'll have to wait for spring to see them in full beauty.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...