Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Birefringence






Today's mani is the one I wore to visit the fantasy convention I mentioned the week before last.




I Love Nail Polish's Birefringence is a multichrome shimmer polish shifting from blue over purple, pink and orange to a green-ish gold, which is only visible at extreme angles (or under water). The formula was good, I used three thin coats for opacity, no undies.











For the stamping I used Moyou Pro Collection plate 06 and black Essence stamping polish. I finished with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top topcoat.











under water

I didn't have the time to change my mani during the convention, so Birefringence had to prove it's longevity. I had some obvious chipping on my left thumb after only one day, but other than that, the polish looked pretty good until day four, some tipwear but nothing too bad. On day five (luckily it was the day we went back), I started "losing" the polish in huge chips, eight of my nails were half bare when I returned home.


ILoveNailpolish are available on Etsy and at their own shop.

12 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is this! I love this nail polish, the suochrome is absolutely stunning. And the stamping is so perfect! I need to look through Moyou plates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to take a look at the Moyou plates, Nati! I'm so happy I got them, my second order should arrive any day :-)

      Delete
  2. Der Grundlack sieht wahnsinnig toll aus *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freut mich sehr, dass wir uns da einig sind, Wiebke :-)

      Delete
  3. No freakin' way... The effect of the base coat is just unbelievable! :-O Looks great with the design on top too though, holy cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow your "holy cupcakes" remind me of Robin, Batman's sidekick ;-)
      Thank you so much for your nice words, Melissa!

      Delete
  4. Das ja super genial aus :-O
    ich bin gerade massiv neidisch ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Anni! Der Lack ist zurzeit übrigens problemlos erhältlich (zugegeben, ganz billig ist er nicht) ;-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous! That shift is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I considered those multichromes but found them brushstroky in the pictures I saw. Now your photos speak a different language - hmmmmm I probably will have to add a bottle or two to my collection ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psst... ILNP are going to release the multichromes in a holo version (pre-sale starts this friday) I expect them to look like Enchanted Polish ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...