Friday, November 8, 2013

Destin






Some work wear for today :-)




As base color I used Dior Destin (Fall 2013 Collection), a taupe polish with a frosty silver shimmer. The polish dries pretty different than the bottle suggests: depending on the light, Destin looks more brown, grey or purple on the nail, while it looks more like an orange or pink toned nude in the bottle (again, depending on the light). Due to the frosty finish, some brush strokes are still visible, but as always, my macro lens shows imperfections that are alsmost invisible in real life. With a viewing distance of ten inches, the brush strokes were hardly visible anymore. I used two coats for opacity. The formula was a little on the thick side, but manageable.




For my accent nail I used a England Sleeping Palace (Burne-Jones Dream Collection), a slightly brown toned plum holo, and Vivid Lacquer stamping plate 005. For a glossy finish I added one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top topcoat.




I had to work late two days in a row, so I wore this mani longer than my usual 24h. After three days I had some tipwear, but other than that, it looked quite fine.










a England polishes are available at various places, you'll find a complete list of retailers here.




7 comments:

  1. Delicate and elegant, I love the subtle stamping!!! The base color is so interesting on the nail, I have seen it just yesterday at Globus and gave it a pass because it doesn't give away its secret but seeing your pics, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine at Globus, too, as part of my birthday gift to me ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that accent nail looks stunning! Gorgeous overall manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. juuchu, endlich ein High-End-Lack ^^
    Warum trägst du eigentlich keine Rottöne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wenn du dich über High End freust, muss ich wohl mal meine (3) Chanels lackieren.
      Zu deiner Frage: Ganz einfach: ich mag die nicht so sehr ;-)

      Delete
    2. ja, bitte, bin schon gespannt :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...