Thursday, December 26, 2013

Moonraker Mallard






After the big feasting of the last two days, I'm back with a new mani. I hope, you had a great Christmas celebration (if you do celebrate it).




As base color I used OPI Moonraker (Skyfall Collection), a steel colored metallic polish, named after the eleventh James Bond movie. I really like the color (there are some brushstrokes, but I'd say that's normal with metallic polishes), but I didn't like the formula at all. It's thin, leaning on runny, flooded my cuticles and pooled all around my nails. Plus, I still had some bald patches after three coats (they're not too visible in my pictures, but they were there).





On top of Moonraker, I added one dabbed coat of Candeo Colors Mallard. "Mallard has a shimmery semi-sheer lilac base and is loaded with purple shimmer, silver, lime, and green hex glitter."
(Source: Candeo Colors)




Honestly, I'd call the base clear, I can't see any lilac. Maybe Candeo Colors reformulated the polish, as my bottle is not really new, but in my version, there's no hint of lilac or purple shimmer. But there are a lot of tiny holographic glitters that make this polish really sparkly. I topped this mani with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.













Candeo Colors polishes are available at their own store.


6 comments:

  1. I always look forward to seeing what you will come up with next :-) Because I know that with you the combinations and possibilities are pretty much endless! Another lovely nail art. Happy holidays, Aglaya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Melissa! The cold/flu/whatever was kind enough to wait for the end of my Christmas celebrations before it struck, but I've been spending the last three days between bed and couch, with tissues, tea and Neo Citran as my best friends. Not really the holidays I was looking forward too :-/

      Delete
  2. Mallard sieht wirklich toll aus. Moonraker trage ich zufällig grade :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. E tolli Kombination!!! Mallard isch umwerfend und umso besser wenn kei lila Färbig din isch, glaub nid, dass das e Verbesserig gsy wär ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Är isch natürlech viusitiger ohni farbigi Base. Mir gfaue gfärbti Grundlacke eh nume, we si gnue starch igfärbt si, das mes se o elei cha träge. We me eh mues schichte, hani lieber Glitzer im durchsichtige Lack.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...