Thursday, December 19, 2013

Strung Out






Today I have a polish by one of my favorite indie brands to show you: KBShimmer Strung Out (Winter 2013 Collection, Strung Out was created by Jackie from Candy Coated Tips).





"Strung Out is a black jelly polish with circle “light” glitters.  Metallic glitters in gold, silver, green, blue, red and fuchsia sparkle against the black base, just as holiday lights sparkle against the night sky."
(Source: KBShimmer)
There's also a lot of microglitter, some of the circles and microglitters are holographic, which makes the polish really sparkly.

I used two coats over a black creme (a England Lancelot). Strung Out can be built up to opacity on it's own, but as it gets pretty lumpy, I wouldn't really recommend it. The two coats I used dried quite gritty, the surface still wasn't completely smooth after one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food and one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.













KBShimmer polishes are sold on their website (US only) and at Harlow & Co.

4 comments:

  1. Ui, das sieht toll aus. Aber die Unebenheit würde mich glaube stören.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um ehrlich zu sein, mich hat's auch gestört. Texturlacke sind OK, aber ansonsten mag ich meine Nägel glatt...

      Delete
  2. That polish is awesome but thumbs down for the lumpiness, what a shame because the polish itself is absolutely beautiful and stunning. I am with you regarding the textures vs the bumpies: I also don't like my nails looking like an old road ;-P <3 errr but still beautiful mani, just in case I didn't mention before :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it (at least the look). Maybe it would have been less bumpy if I used only one coat instead of two, but I guess the glitters might look a little "lost" on the black base, if there were only half as many...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...