Thursday, March 19, 2015

OMG LED Nail Decals





Today I want to show you the new LED nail decals OMG Nail Strips sent me for review (thank you very much!). The LED decal reacts to a NFC field, that is emitted by some smartphones etc. The decal comes in three light colors, red, blue and white, I got the white one.


The base for my mani is China Glaze Release (The Giver Limited Edition), a muted lilac creme. I used three coats for opacity.

The LED Nail Decals set consists of one decal with a LED diode plus 18 additional decals to add over the diode. Sadly I forgot to take a picture of the decal shet before applying the decals on my nail, so I only have a picture of what was left over. But there are a lot of pictures of the decals to be found if you google them.





The decal with the diode has to be applied first, before adding nail polish, just over the base coat. I cut the decal a little, as it was too wide for my nail. Then I polished over it, leaving the diode free (if you don't, you won't see the light). As a last step, I added the butterfly decal plus a gereous coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top as topcoat.




LED activated


I really love the idea of a blinking diode on my nails, and I really wanted to love this set, but sadly, it didn't really work for me. The LED decal is quite sturdy and my nails are not flat but curved, so the decal refused to stay put on my nail. It just kept separating from my nail. I can't tell if it was my curvy nail or my base coat (Essence XXL Nail Thickener), but it wouldn't stay, so I couldn't work it. But I think it was users error, as I haven't really heard about that problems with other bloggers.


The decal separating from my nail



You can get the LED Nail Decals directly with OMG Nail Strips for 5.99

Again, thank you so much for sending me the decals for reviewing, OMG.

2 comments:

  1. Oops. No, that doesn't look very good :-( A shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, too bad, I really like the idea, but it just doesn't work with my nails :-(

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...